Please tell us a little bit about yourself, where are you from and what inspired you to become a rapper and who has been your biggest influence in your life?
1. Where are you from and how long have you been an artist? I'm from Brooklyn, New York and I've been an artist since 14 years old.
2. Who taught you how to become a rapper and what kind of music do you do? As far as rap goes, I taught myself how to rap on beat and listening to artist before my time over the radio --my mentors whom I've never met - but learned by listening to their song structure and by watching their performances on television. My style of rap would be considered "reality rap".
3. Is your culture important and does it define your brand? The Hip-Hop culture is most important because without the culture no one would know the music, the language, or the force that drives the messages we convey. It's synonymous to my brand, because culture is the way we live and the way I live is based on REALITY!
4. How has music changed your life? Music was life changing, because prior to being blasted by its sonic force, I had no idea what life was about. It gave me something to look forward to. From the rhythm to the feeling that defined the moments in time as the songs played made sense of everything going on around me at the time.
5. When are you open to perform? Are you available for clubs, festivals, special events, parties? I'm always open to perform for a welcoming crowd, no artist wants to be where they aren't wanted.
6. What is your favorite part about what you do? Being able to create without boundaries is the best part for me, when it comes to writing and performing. Giving people a chance to enjoy the same enjoyment that the whole creative process renders myself.
7. Where can we find you? Where can we buy your music? For anyone looking for me, I'm on Twitter @starkimallah, on Instagram @ogstarkim, and on tumblr @rapperstarkim.
8. What advice would you give to someone who aspires to be like you? To anyone aspiring to be like me I would say DONT! It's better to be yourself because everyone else is taken, and nobody can be better at being you than you can!
9. Did you have a mentor to inspire your dream? I've had many mentors inspire me, every artist before me inspired me, every artist who's doing their thing, even presently, continues to inspire me and I hope that I'm able to inspire them in return.
10. Is there something else you'd like to share with us, that we did not cover? In closing, I would like people to be on the look out for nonstop catalog of music from Starkim, and know that each project will have my heart and soul in it. One love.